Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VG224 - Busy Signal When Dialing Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

msteeler

Technical User
Jan 29, 2003
US
Hello,

Have three sites all with a VG224 and every couple of weeks when someone uses an analog device they get a busy signal when placing an outside call. If I go into Call Manager (10.5) and reset the VG224 they all work again. All of them are configured as MGCP, site behind a voice gateway router connected to the CUCM via a SIP Trunk. I have others VG224's connected the same way with the same IOS on both the VG224 and VG Router that are not having this issue. This didn't start happening until we went to the SIP trunk back to CUCM. Before the router and vg224 were both mgcp. Any ideas what might be causing this? Thanks

Can the VG ports dial an internal number when this issue occurs? How about incoming calls? Can they receive internal or external?

Thank for the reply and sorry for the late reply back. It's my understanding that they get dial tone but I don't know if they can dial internal not. Usually when i found out I reset the VG224 right a way to get them working. I'll have to keep an eye on that. I opened a ticket with Cisco but they didn't see any config issues and the VG224 was working at the time. The VG224 is sending keep alives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back