Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vfp's compatibility with DLL written in C# with Async/Await Asynchronous feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajesh Karunakaran

Programmer
Sep 29, 2016
MU
Dear all,

This is actually a continuation of my post However, as the task/requirement is different, I am posting as a new thread.

I wrote (almost) a C# DLL for consuming a Rest API. If I test from C# (visual studio) it works and produces response as expected. However, when converted to DLL and accessed from VFP, I was getting various issues at various stages.

Now, my general query is that, if my DLL has Aynchronous code (Async method with 'Await' keywords), will that be okay with Vfp? generally?

I am trying both RestSharp & HttpClient.

If anyone has any advice/suggestion, kindly share.

Thanks in advance
Rajesh Karunakaran

I haven't tried that, but would expect it to only work halfways. There are asynchronous features VFP supports like an asynchronous SQL Server connection, but the asynchronity always is done outside of VFP.

What bugs - what errorsor what misbehavior - did you encounter? The C# side can of course do anything that's allowed in C#, including await and async.

Chriss

Chriss,

Thank you for your reply.
Let me work on that further, tweaking on both sides.
I will come back here wit more details.

Rajesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back