Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VFPOLEDB - Corrupting memo fields?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GriffMG

Programmer
Mar 4, 2002
FR
I've migrated my locally served web apps to a 64bit VM Host to get more bandwidth.

Since I have done this I am getting corrupt memo fields in one table, which hasn't happened before.

I'm using the vfp9 vfpoledb, and it's always worked well before - but now Ibeing driven mad!

Have any of you come across anything like this before?

Regards

Griff
Keep [Smile]ing

There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

Griff,
VFPOLEDB even scares me on 32 bit machines. I have been struggling with just another VFPOLEDB bug since yesterday and your message makes me think that I might have another to fight with soon:(

Cetin Basoz
MS Foxpro MVP, MCP

Hi Cetin

VFPOLEDB used as you would and ODBC interface - just selecting, inserting and updating records - works very well in my experience.

I don't do any cursor updating (except through SQL calls) and up until now it has been brilliant - very fast and very reliable... but, since I moved to this new environment it's not been so good.

That said, I have had no problems TODAY!

Regards

Griff
Keep [Smile]ing

There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

Griff,
I am afraid VFPOLEDB doesn't work very well for direct SQL calls like insert/update:) I have already demonstrated two bugs in SP1 and SP2. Here is one of them:

Good to hear it didn't error today:)

Cetin Basoz
MS Foxpro MVP, MCP

Ah, I *MIGHT* have found a clue.

I was doing a search for opportunistic file locking in 2008 server and found a reference to corrupt and missing files... which fits with the error messages I was getting.

It's not so easy to turn this off with Windows Sever 2008 as it uses Smb2 and you have to disable that first.

Regards

Griff
Keep [Smile]ing

Well, I have now been running for a week or so with the op locks turned off and I have had no more problems - I don't know for sure if that was the solution... but here's hoping!

Regards

Griff
Keep [Smile]ing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back