Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vfpencryption71.fll

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom10

Programmer
Jul 7, 2001
GB
I have a customer who following installation on a new PC of my application receives the following error message on running:-
Library File vfpencryption71.fll is invalid

Difficult to know without more information. It's unlikely that the FLL itself is invalid, given that this is an existing application and it has worked before. My guess is that one or more of the VFP runtime files is missing.

How are you organising the installation? Are you using Inno Setup or InstallShield Express or some similar program? If not, are you sure you are installing the correct runtimes, especially the C++ support libraries such as Msvcr71.dll? The VFP Help topic Application Distribution Process" has more information about these.

Mike

Visual FoxPro articles, tips and downloads

My application extracts data from their accounting system which is also a vfp9 application and that runs with no issues.
I also disabled the code that loads the FLL and the program then loaded without issue.

Tom

Most likely you forgot that the FLL needs more than the usual MSVCR71.dll C runtime VFP uses, it also uses MSVC[highlight #FCE94F]P[/highlight]71.dll

Chriss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back