Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VFP9.0: NoDataOnLoad Behaves Different from VFP8sp1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurtwood

Programmer
Sep 7, 2002
BS
Is this a bug?

Since upgrading to VFP9.0 my form fields are no longer being populated by my views. If my form’s DE cursor is “NoDataOnLoad = .T. (Preferred setting) no data is retrieved after providing the parameter with a value and Requery(). “NoDataOnLoad = .F.” works however I am ask for a parameter value before I am prepared to give it.

VFP8sp1 continues to work using the same data and forms

Form.init()
mseek_icheckin_id = 314125
SELECT v_Active_Sel
REQUERY()
Browse

Thank you for your response.

Kurtwood L Greene
The Bahamas

Kurt,

I haven't noticed any changes in behaviour in this area between 9.0 and earlier versions. Are you sure your code is identical in each version, and there are no differences in your environment that would cause this to happen?

Mike

My sites:
Visual FoxPro (www.ml-consult.demon.co.uk)
Crystal Reports (www.ml-crystal.com)

Mike, thank you.

I basically changed my vfp8.exe to vfp9.exe. I will compare my Environment settings.

thanks again

Kurtwood L Greene
The Bahamas

Hi!
Further to Kurtwood's experience regarding different reaction of VFP 9 on views in DE with nodataonloadproperty set to .F.
I can inform that same 'error' happened in one of my app's after upgrading from VFP8 to VFP9.
As I have both versions installed I perfectly can see that this might be a bug in VFP9 for same code in VFP8 runs fine.
-Bart

In addition:
In my app that very view was composed from 3 tables.
They are the fields of one of the related tables (child-fields) which are . null. once nodataonload is set to .T.
-Bart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back