Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VFP7R.DLL is invalid or damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

trick66

Vendor
Sep 25, 2001
US
An end-user of a VFP7 application recently upgraded his computer to Win98SE. Since then, he has not been able to start the application and keeps getting "VFP7R.DLL file is invalid or damaged". Everyone else does not have this problem, and are running on a mix of OS (W2K, WXP, W95b) Here is what I had him try without any success:

1. made sure that application directory and WIN\SYS directory has the same MSVCR70.DLL, VFP7R.DLL, VFP7RENU.DLL, and VFP7T.DLL.

2. update IE to version 6.

3. applied all critical windows update.

4. manually registered the file, although I read somewhere that these files do not need registering.

5. tried all possible combination of deleting DLLs, re-booting, copying over DLLs, etc.

Am I missing any steps? Please help. Much appreciated.

Rick

4. manually registered the file, although I read somewhere that these files do not need registering.

The application will work without registering them, BUT since when you install VFP on your system, Microsoft deemed neccesary to register them, I would follow suit. There are technical reasons why they should be registered, that are beyong the scope of the thread. But if you look at the following link, you may notice the order in wich they need to be registered.

P.S. Worst comes to worst, install FoxPro itself on the user's machine and after installation delete the VFP directory, leaving only the required runtime files.

Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back