Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VFP7, pictures in menu ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nro

Programmer
May 15, 2001
CA
Hello.

I have a small problem with the menu builder in VFP7.
If I want to put a picture on one option (not a pad) :

1 - I click on the "Options" button

2 - In the "Prompt Options" screen, in the "Picture" box,
I click on "File" radio button and enter the name or the .BMP
in the text box (Ex. c:\objitech\bmp\zx_dept1.bmp)

I close the menu, compile it (with genmenuX) and run the .MPR
It work fine. Now, I reopen the same menu within menu builder,
look at the options, and not the picture radio button
is changed by "Resource" and the file name is now
"..\..\..\bmp\zx_dept1.bmp" . This path is not good. If I
changed the radio button again to "File", close the menu and
"open it again, now the path is "..\..\..\..\bmp\zx_dept1.bmp".

Maybe it's not a very important but I
hate it when there is a new feature and it's not working (or
when I don't understand how it works).

Merci de votre temps.
Nro

While I haven't explicitly played with pictures in the VFP 7.0 menu, two things come to mind. First, it may be the case that like other table based tools, the file names may be stored as relative file names. e.g. While Projects always show the full paths to the files, if you open the .PJX file as a table, you'll find the files aren't really stored with the full path. Second, unless there is a new version of genmenuX out that supports the new VFP 7.0 options, it might not handle them properly.

Rick

I was going to ask if you ever found a solution, but as I was typing, I thought about rgbean's reply and it dawned on me what was happening. My menu is in a MENU directory, so when I "modify menu menus\main" and specify an icon file, the menu is storing the files path relative to its location which is one level up from the current location. That's why it puts an extra "..\" in the path. This causes the problem when I run a program because I am at one level below the MENU directory. Does anyone know the solution? Perhaps all picture files need to be copied to the MENU directory. This is not the way I would like to handle it. Also, an APP or EXE may run Ok. I haven't tried that yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back