Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

vfp7 in .net studio

Status
Not open for further replies.

tennessee

Programmer
Feb 25, 2001
US
Has anyone heard if Microsoft will add foxpro in .net?
I know in the Micosoft has said in the past that they will not but I am hearing rumors that they will include foxpro and others.

If you go to - there is NO mention of VFP.

Would you like to supply the source of these "rumours"? I'm sure Ken Levy, the new Visual FoxPro Product Manager would love to "squash" it if it's coming from inside MS, and if it's from outside, who cares.

Below is part of Ken's appointment announcement:

From Robert Green
Date: 08/06/2001 2:33:52 pm

When we announced back in February that Visual FoxPro would no longer ship in the Visual Studio .NET box, we promised two things: 1) We would be on our own ship schedule and 2) We could do more marketing.

<snip>

What is my role now? Consider me kicked upstairs. I will work closely with Ricardo and Ken to determine what we need to do, but Ken will drive making it happen. When I am not working on VFP, I will be focused on launching Visual Studio .NET, which is nearing completion. I will still lurk around here of course, and speak up from time to time.

Getting Ken on board is awesome news for all of us, and I am thrilled to announce it today.

Robert Green
Visual Studio Lead Product Manager
Microsoft

I think that if VFP was going to be moved back into .NET, they wouldn't have bothered to move Robert Green out just a couple weeks ago.

Rick

Thanks, we have a few vfp guys in our shop and we were not sure if they were going to add in later.

Is VFP 7 already schipped with MSDN? And where is it then, on the .NET cd's or on it's own CD? And if so, when was it shipped?

Thanks

Charl

VFP 7.0 was not on the August MSDN update, but is rumoured to be on the September one. Since it no longer has a direct relationship to .NET, my guess is that it'll be by itself - probably just like the CD image you can download now if you have a MSDN subscription.

Rick

I just receive VFP7.0 from MS. It contains 3CDs of MSD. (though I received the upgrade)

I love the new features such as the syntax help and the speed. (Better than vp6.0)

TeknoSDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back