Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

vfp7.0 and VSS problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

dakotafox

Programmer
Apr 14, 2000
US
My company is attempting to place our VFP 7 projects into VSS but we are having major difficulty. We have four developers working on the various projects and need to have them available in development, testing for QC and production.

The system is a conversion from Fox2.6 windows,into vfp6 and now in vfp7 and is comprised of an exe main module and menu and this controls the 240 some .apps .

As these are all individual projects and all call each other in various conditions we have been unable to place a test grouping of 5 or 6 projects into VSS without having all users locked out because of 'read only conditions' and not able to rebuild the vfp 7 projects.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

We use VFP 6 and VSS. To set it up so that several developers can work on the same project follow these steps:

VSS

1) Use Visual Sourcesafe to create a new project (i'll assume you have done this)
2) make sure that in the tools, options, geneneral tab the "Allow Multiple Checkouts is set"

VFP

1) Create a VFP project (use an existing one if you want).
2) Choose tools and options then the projects tab. Change the source control to microsoft visual sources safe (if it's not already).
3) Choose the file, join source safe
4) Complete the setup (again I assume that you have done this).

Once complete each user should then choose the join sourcesafe project option.

The multiple checkout option is really the key, without this you can't share the same VSS project.

When I set up our VFP\VSS project they were done from scratch. Anyway hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back