Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VFP6 Data to Excel FORMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSWA

IS-IT--Management
Sep 27, 2001
PA
Hello Everybody, I am looking Threads about VFP and Excel Forms and I didn’t find. I will explain.
We have the Inventory System, Purchasing and Vendors, for each purchase to Vendor my purchasing agent need to fill, print and Sign an Excel FORM for the Accounting Department, I have the info in my Database and I am trying to Fill the Excel FORM from VFP(all the data to Excel Cells is filled without problem). I have only 3 fields with problems to fill, these 3 fields are ComboBoxes fields into Excel FORM . Excel FORM have a Macro to create the Combo Boxes but I don’t understand How it work.

How can I transfers the data to Excel ComboBox(In VFP Form I select the Values of these ComboBoxes and I want pass to Excel)?

If somebody need the table and Excel form, please let me know to send by email the real data to test.

I Will appreciate any comments.

Best regards from Panama,

Marlon

It sounds like you need to have a spreadsheet already setup with as much information / formatting as possible, then save it as a template for VFP to access via automation.

Take a look at the following FAQ. It shows how to make VFP "talk" automation work with EXCEL. I think this will get you on the right track anyway.

faq184-4428 Excel - How to do Automation from VFP

Jim Osieczonek
Delta Business Group, LLC

Hello Jim, Yes is like you explain. The steps are:
1. Open the Original Excel Form
2. Saves as Temporary Excel
3. Fill all the fields from VFP
4. Print from Excel

The Excel Form is filled from the VFP Table(I no have problem), my problem is the ComboBox into Excel. How can I fill it with the Value Selected from VFP and moved to Excel Form(when Open the Excel, always it present the Default Value, not the selected in VFP). In Excel you select 2 option from the ComboBox(Satisfactory or Deficient).

Thanks for your support,

Marlon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back