Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VFP Won't Start in Windows 10 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Stephen

Programmer
Jan 29, 2019
AU
Hi All
VFP version 9
Well it does start, shows the splash screen then disappears. It is actually running but I can't see anything. I have checked the Config.fpw file and it has resource=off and screen=on. I have been programming on it for years, it has been running fine on Windows 10 since it came out. Compiled applications I have build run fine so I doubt it is a problem with dll's. I have deleted all the files, copied from my backups and restarted the computer.
TIA, John

After you start it, try

Code:
MOVE WINDOW SCREEN CENTER
MOVE WINDOW COMMAND CENTER

(Type carefully)

Thanks Dan, there is nowhere to type, no command window no nothing. However I did what you said and pressed Enter and it worked ! Thank you very much for your help, I was quite worried there for a bit.
Cheers, John

There may not be any visible place to type on screen, but that's only because it got moved off screen. It's still there as you've found.

Glad to hear it helped!

For future reference: If you have that in clipboard, it's easier.
Also, the _screen position is stored in the registry in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\VisualFoxPro\9.0\Desktop

Column = X position
Row = Y position
Zoomed = 1 means opening _screen maximised.

The command window position is separate, though, stored in foxuser.dbf, so renaming that would put it back to default position.
Once the screen and its menu is available you can start the debugger and use the Watch Window to execute commands via "watching" [tt]_VFP.Docmd("your command")[/tt].

Bye, Olaf.

Olaf Doschke Software Engineering

Thanks Olaf, I will definitely file that away for future reference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back