Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VFP job scheduler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpastore

Programmer
Mar 12, 2003
US
Hi,

Hope this is the appropriate forum for this question. We are looking at switching our daily job scheduler to another product. We use a lot of VFP and would like a product that uses .dbf file structures to manage job queues. We are currently using a btrieve-based product.

The product should be able to run Win16, Win32 .exes as well as DOS batch. Needs to be able to have fixed and relative scheduling capabilities, as well as job dependencies and easy reporting.

Any leads would be appreciated. Thanks

Mike Pastore

Hats off to (Roy) Harper

Does not have job dependenciy, reporting capability

Mike Pastore

Hats off to (Roy) Harper

Mike,
I may be wrong, but Dan may have been suggesting WTS to fire up your VFP app that then does the "heavy lifting". I use it to fire off a number of my VFP .EXEs.

Rick

It looks like that is where we may head...but job scheduling can really get pretty intense, we have over 200 jobs that run at different intervals and have multiple dependencies.

Mike Pastore

Hats off to (Roy) Harper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back