Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VFP IN INTERNET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabarun

Programmer
Jul 24, 2021
IN
Can anyone tell me how to execute a vfp app in web?

Hello,

basically you can

a) make it a web-app with tools like :

or b)
access it on a pc/server via web with tools like :
tsplus (similar to ms terminal server but maybe cheaper and easier to install), teamviewer.com
MS rdp (mstsc)

maybe (not tested) :
usually b) is easier to implement.

Regards
tom

Let me add The solution samples include FoxIsapi and FoxWeb, but if you need to bring your EXE to the web the simplest solution is remote control to a terminal server running the usual EXE in multiple user sessions. The server used for that needs to have enough resources to support as many concurrent users as you need and if that's many, it usually pays to look for universal licenses that are a one time payment only.

If the app is quite simple I'd redo it in PHP or ASP.NET or perhaps with a Node.JS project, not with VFP in the web.

Of the recommendations of Tom, west wind (Rick Strahl) web connection is very fine for both restarting your project web oriented and/or extending a desktop app to bind to a separate website made in VFP or other languages or use web services (make REST API calls/ HTTP actions), use any internet protocol like FTP or SMTP/POP3/IMAP (in short Mail).

Chriss

Hi Nabarun,

On top of what Tom and Chriss suggested, you can proceed in 2 steps: 1- adapt your VFP app. to the Web using FoxInCloud (and get your UI in HTML/CSS/JS), 2- rewrite the server code in whatever language (PHP, ASP.net, etc.) of your preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back