Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VFP -> facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nigel Gomm

Programmer
Jan 10, 2001
CA

has anyone written anything in VFP to post to facebook ?

nigel

Isn't this question basically the same as:

add VFP application on facebook Helpful Member!
thread184-1721992

Good Luck,
JRB-Bldr

oh ... i see what you're saying.

i understood that other thread to be asking if a vfp app could run on the facebook platform in the manner of poker, scrabble, angry birds etc.

I'm about to write something that posts onto the user's facebook wall from their (my) vfp desktop application.

I saw Olaf's oAuth and tweet API on codeplex but couldn't find any existing classes for fb.

Sorry for the confusion.

n

Isn't this question basically the same as:
add VFP application on facebook Helpful Member!

I don't think so. That other thread was about running a VFP app as a Facebook app, which of course makes no sense. I think Nigel is asking about how to use VFP to actually post information to a Facebook account.

Nigel, this should be relatively easy. A Facebook page is just like any other web page. In VFP there are several ways to read web pages and to post information to them. Perhaps the easiest is to automate the web browser control. You can also do it via the Internet Transfer Control.

It's hard to give detailed advice here, because I don't know how much you already know about these areas. I suggest you have a look at the above items, and then come back with your detailed questions.

Mike

Visual FoxPro articles, tips and downloads

Mike,

yes i started looking at the api and creating my own class... then just wondered if someone else had already created something reusable.

A little surprised to find nothing out there.

n

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back