Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

vfp com problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

nc1264

Programmer
Dec 11, 2000
GB
I have created a vfp dll file that has been registered as a com-server. In order to install it on other machines I copy the dll with its tlb file and runtime files to an other machine, register it (with com services) and everything works.
The problem I have is the following. Although I tested it on several machines (without any development environment on them) it fails to work on a W2K-server. I can regiser it with com-services but it does not work. When calling the routine en error is generated. In order to get it work I have tried regsvr32 as well. This worked partly because now I can call my server from a test program. When trying to do something from a webpage an error is generated.

Why is this happening? Why is it failing on the server?

Any help is appreciated.

Ron

nc1264

What is the error message? Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

Mike,

the error message mentions a problem with the class-id.
The dll and its tlb file is created when building the dll. When trying to register it with the Component Services I select both the dll and tlb file and there is no problem registering it. When I want to use it, however, the problem surfaces.

I have tried regsvr32 to register it and it helps when calling the dll from the test.exe. It, however, still fails when calling it from a webpage.

I have copied the package to several other machines and there it works like a charm. The machine where it fails is a W2K server running IIS, SQL2000 and Terminal Server.

Regards,

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back