Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VFP & XML

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxLearner

Programmer
Aug 29, 2002
US
Hi All

I just couldn't visualize how XML works with VFP.
Can any one please supply with a sample code on how to get data from a table in to a XML page object, and retrieve that data in to the fields on a form?
I would greatly appreciate if you could tell me about any articles/material available on this on the net.

Thanks and regards
FoxLearner

Foxlearner

Did you search this forum on XML, you ask a similar question on the 24th of January, ask for references on XML. Any of those help?
If you do a search (for the last 6 months), you might get 15 hits. Any of those usefull? Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

Basically, XML is a schema for describing data and data structures. Foxpro's implementation is mainly involved with converting a cursor or table to XML and converting an XML file into a cursor.

As for fields on a form, they must be bound to table fields or memory variables. They don't connect directly with XML files.

Look at the VFP help file:

XMLTOCURSOR( ) Function

Converts XML text into a Visual FoxPro cursor or table.

----

CURSORTOXML( ) Function

Converts Visual FoxPro cursor to XML text.

Have fun!

Chet Gardiner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back