Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VFP & Computer-Telephony Integration

Status
Not open for further replies.

scklifasovskiy

Programmer
Nov 12, 2012
CA
We have an Enterprise application that contains 1000 customers...Is there a way in Visual Fox to do something like this:
customer calls for support --> phone number previously saved in data sent to application and Customer Master file is opened automatically located by this number? basically -- is there a way to send phone number from the call as a parameter to the form and execute this form?

Are you asking how to capture the number that a call was made from?

If so, sorry, don't know.

Or are you saying you already know how number; you now want to pass that number as a parameter to a form?

If so, then call the form like this:

Code:
lcNumber = <the number that you want to pass>
DO FORM WITH lcNumber

and in the Init of the form:

Code:
LPARAMETER tcPhone

Within the Init, tcPhone will now contain the number. You can use it within the Init, or store it in a form property to use in another method.

Do you also need to know how to access the record of the customer whose phone number you have passed as the parameter?

Code:
SELECT CustomerTable
LOCATE FOR ALLTRIM(Phone) = ALLTRIM(tcPhone)

assuming that Phone is the name of the field within the table that holds the number.

If this doesn't answer your question, perhaps you could clarify what you need to know.

Mike

Visual FoxPro articles, tips, training, consultancy

Using TAPI you can access the incoming call ANI (i.e. Caller ID) and then utilize it to locate record(s) in your VFP application (Google search for: TAPI Windows or TAPI Interface or VFP TAPI )

NOTE - In spite of knowing what approach to take, I have not personally had time to get this working, so if you successfully utilize TAPI in your VFP application, please post a FAQ in this forum area so that others can benefit from it.

Good Luck,
JRB-Bldr

I will add that, out of curiosity, I just now did a Search within this forum area for:
tapi and found a number of previous postings that discuss the general topic in one way or another.

Perhaps they might help you figure out how to use it to get what you need.

Good Luck,
JRB-Bldr

I am glad you found something promising.

Again, if you get things working please don't hesitate to post an FAQ here so that others might benefit from your discoveries.

Good Luck,
JRB-Bldr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back