Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VFP 9 Report/Data Environment Bug

Status
Not open for further replies.

craigsboyd

IS-IT--Management
Nov 9, 2002
US
Be careful in VFP 9 when writing code in the Reports DE events... there is a bug in VFP 9 that can cause the report designer window to stop responding and other things get messed up as well. Steps to Reproduce:

[ol][li]Create a report[/li]
[li]Open the report's DE[/li]
[li]Open the Init event of the DE[/li]
[li]Type some gibberish in the Init so you get a syntax error, such as Hey this is a bug![/li]
[li]Now, without closing the init code window go back to your report and right-click on it and select Print Preview[/li]
[li]You will prompted to save the changes to the DE's event, so click Yes.[/li]
[li]Then you will get an error that says "unrecognized command verb"... Click Cancel[/li][/ol]

You will no longer be able to close the report designer in VFP and will have to end task on VFP 9. There are other ways to make this happen, it appears that it does not matter what DE event or method you use. And, it may not even matter what error it is as long as it throws it before the report actually runs (syntax errors and others that the IDE will catch in design during save). Above is just the steps to reproduce what I ran into while coding in a VFP 9 Reports DE. Heck, this may even be a bug in the form's DE as well, I just haven't checked into that yet.

boyd.gif

Not tested your steps, but about 3-4 months ago i noticed something similar:

1. Run your project
2. While project is running open some report that have code
3. Save report

If you open that report after this steps your code is messed up

Michael

Michael Kopljan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor