Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VFP 8.0....is it worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

youwannawhat

Programmer
Oct 3, 2001
US
We upgraded to VFP 7.0 a year ago, and now my supervisor has asked if we should upgrade to 8.0. I read about the new functionality on Microsoft's website but I wanted to get some testimonials from some users before I make a recommendation.

Thanks in advance.

The answer probably depends on whether you need any of it's new functionality. While some of the developer tools can really make you more productive and the new features are great, there are also some "restrictions". If your application(s) need to run on Win 95 or NT, be aware these aren't supported, and your developers will need to be running Win2000 SP2+ or XP.

While there have been announcements and articles on the new features, you might want to consider getting the "What's New in Visual FoxPro 8.0" book ( - it does a pretty good job of explaining if you don't want to buy an upgrade copy of VFP 8.0 first.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back