Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VFP 7.0: Grid's current record's marker in an inactive form

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimed

Programmer
May 25, 2005
LT
Hi,

I have two separate forms, each one with a grid. One of them in its AfterRowColChange does issue a Seek() on other's grid's table and makes that one refresh. So that while you choose between records in the active form, another is supposed to auto-update. It actually happens, and I can see the second grid scrolling into where according records should reside... except that the current record's marker does not auto-update unless I activate that form. So when a different page appears in the second grid, the marker is not there, or, if I want to switch between two records that are both visible at the same time, the marker stays on the one it was last time the form was active. Is there a way to make the transition between records in an inactive window fully visible?

Thanks.

There is a seeting in the grid making a row highlight with visual persistence independant of the focus, you should use that instead or additional: grid.HighlightStyle=2

Bye, Olaf.

Try calling the second grid's SetFocus method.
It does activate the form itself, which is not what I want. The inactive form should update but stay inactive unless I choose it manually (oh, and I won't issue a pair of SetFocus's for both grids as it'll call AfterRowColChange for another round and into an endless cycle).

There is a seeting in the grid making a row highlight with visual persistence independant of the focus, you should use that instead or additional: grid.HighlightStyle=2
You probably mean grid.HighlightRowLineWidth=2, at least in VFP 7.0 I haven't found a grid property with the name you provided. That one, though, does not have independent visual persistence.

It does activate the form itself, which is not what I want.

I didn't realise that. In that case, I'm not sure what the answer is.

You probably mean grid.HighlightRowLineWidth=2, at least in VFP 7.0 I haven't found a grid property with the name you provided.

HighlightStyle came in with VFP 8.0.

Mike

Visual FoxPro articles, tips, training, consultancy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back