Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VFP 6.0 FORMS SLOWER THAN VFP 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flanagan

Programmer
Sep 3, 1999
US
I have a form, with a lot of data on it, whose response time performance is acceptable under VFP 5.0 on a 100Mhz pentium but under VFP 6.0 is unacceptably slow when moving from record to record, or from page to page on the form. I have tried everything to speed it up, including redeveloping the form in VFP 6.0, eliminating use of wizards, eliminating pages, etc. All to no avail.<br>
<br>
Can anyone suggest where the problem might lie, or where I can start looking for an answer?

im just guessing but perhaps one of your controls acts differently under 6. eg there is a terminal control that will not work under 6 at all. try taking each control off individually and see if the overall performance of the form increases. if you cannot remove the controls without breaking the form i guess your in a corner. either that or replace it with a coded facsimile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back