Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Very Strange

Status
Not open for further replies.

silver987

Vendor
Sep 22, 2004
US
It seams like I have been getting my share of weird stuff lately. I have one customer with two locations, not tied together in any way. Both have CICS 7.1 and call pilots. when I call location 2 from 1 I get a 1000 cycle tone, not a fax just a 1000 cycle tone that does not go away. I can call in from other lines (cell etc) and it works fine either way and they can call out to other locations with no problem. Any thoughts appreciated.

Wayne T

There is no 1K tone in a Norstar

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

That is a good point. I knew that but didn't think about it, that means the system is not answering, so what is.....

Wayne T

Are you sure there's not a modem somewhere on that line? Alarm modem maybe?

You can call in from any other phone (cell or other land line) and the AA answers normally.

Wayne T

It sounds like something might be picking up caller id at location 2 from location 1, I would pull a line off location 2 system, call in from location 1 and see if the tone still happens. Is location 2 live answer or AA ?

Check that the IRAD is not auto answering or a specific line, it can give a similar tone when the connection (or handshake) does not work.

Call into the other rollover lines direct to see if same issue.

Some alarms give a tone but usually like a fax/modem tone.

Check the CLID Routing table if its a Callpilot.

Also disconnect Callpilot and see if same issue.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Swap lines one and three at location 2 in the communications rooms. There could be something offsite. As mentioned above, if you still get the tone there must be some type of equipment at location 2 that is picking up.

at location 2 look at a phone that has the outside lines appear on the set (button location) when someone calls in and gets the 1k tone verify that the line is in use at location 2, tap the line appearance and see what the systems says that the trunk is connected to, a set an extension, voicemail etc.

----------------------------
40: Hill?? What hill??
I didn't see any $%@#(*$ Hill!!
50: who put this $%@#(*$ Hill Here??
----------------------------
JerryReeve
Telecommunication Technology Services

Update..The problem just went away. Very odd, I'm guessing carrier issue.

Wayne T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back