Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VERY STRANGE PROBLEM ,PLEASE HELP ME.

Status
Not open for further replies.

talkdev

ISP
Aug 2, 2002
IN
Hi friends,
I have a strnage problem we have 3 servers , 2 on novell 4 and one on novell 3.NOw the problem is when i boot diskless clients they connects to the novell 3.X server easily but when i connect to 3.X server from windows 98/2000 then it does not find /show any novell 3.X serfver on the network instead it shows novell 4.X servers as availbable servers.And when i remove those novell 4.X server from network then it easily find/show novell 3.X server and i can log into it.
Please help me i am unable to understand why this is happening..

I suspect that your 4.x servers are much fasted than your 3.x box. You need to specify the preferred server in your Netware client setings. I always do this, regardless of the relative speeds of the servers.

You will find the setting on the client tab of the Novell Client Properties under the Network Properties.

Check your Win98 client settings as well. If you've told the clients to use directory services instead of bindery services, then they will find the 4.X servers and ignore the 3.X server. Are you using the Microsoft Client or the Novell Client?

Iolair MacWalter

I m using microsoft client on win2k pro to connect to netware server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back