Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Very strange Ping issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrB0b

IS-IT--Management
May 19, 2011
US
Hello gentlemen and ladies,
I haven't really noticed this being an issue with any previous Windows version but maybe I didn't run constant Pings for this long before. Maybe it is an inherent W10 issue that i just don't know about. I have searched the Google-verse but am not really sure how to word the issue I am having so hopefully one of you here are aware of this situation or can help with some of your own Google-foo.

I am running two types of Ping programs. PingInfoView and a standard continuous Ping from the command line. After around a week of letting those constant pings run, they all start timing out. I can still surf the net with a browser and I still receive email to Outlook but no form of Ping will work. I have checked the Event Viewer and do not see anything that would relate to a network issue. If I close out the PingInfoView program and the cmd I have running and try to rerun them, it still will not work until a reboot of the PC. I have tried restarting network services but they error out and will not let me restart them. The only cure I have is to restart the whole PC. I usually have 4 items being Pinged every 30 seconds with PingInfoView, our Site-2-Site VPN IP / two IPs of our websites / and a Google DNS server. Then Ill usually run a constant Ping with cmd along side it to one of our website IPs and a Google DNS server. The reason behind it was slow website responsiveness after we went with a hosted provider.

Any info or suggestions on places to look would be appreciated. I really don't know what is causing this or how to fix w/o a restart.

Thanks again all!

Learning - A never ending quest for knowledge usually attained by being thrown in a situation and told to fix it NOW.

IPv4 with IPv6 turned off.

Learning - A never ending quest for knowledge usually attained by being thrown in a situation and told to fix it NOW.

Try a pathping to any destination once the problem starts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back