Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Very Slow Sending e-mail from Outlook client 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankenherder

IS-IT--Management
Jun 11, 2003
CA
I currently have Exchange 5.5 running in coexistance with Exchange 2003.

My desktop is using XP-Pro- Latest patches etc. and am using Outlook 2000 - SP3.

When I send an e-mail, it appears to hang for like 30-50 seconds before it sends.

Has anyone else experienced this?

thanks
Matt

How is the 5.5 existing with exchange 2003? what are the roles? I have had this problem which turned out to be an incorrectly set x400 connector.

I am not an Exchange expert but the Exchange 5.5 was up first and I installed Exchange 2003 into the existing organisation.

Everything was automaticly done by the install procedure.

Also, whenever I forward a message and hit send, it takes a while to go, then, there is a blank message sitting there titled the same as the original message I was replying too.

Any suggestions?

Matt

You may want to make that dns and wins are configured correctly on the client pc.

Nick

Yes we are experiancing the same issue. So far we have disabled network teaming and it seems to have resolved the issue.

Thanks, we do not have that turned on but we do have 2 nics with only one plugged in. I have since disabled the other one after reading your tip.

Thanks, hopefully it will work.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back