Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Very slow logon with Domain User ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

faheem74

Technical User
May 7, 2001
CA
Hi All

I have installed MF-XP with SP1 on NT-TSE SP 6, and suffering from very slow logon when click to publish app or custom connection to desktop.

If I creat local user on citrix server and logs on either from server or workstation it works like a flash but with all domain users (including admin account) it takes 3-4 min just to logon and then application response is also slow.

My domain controllers are @ headoffice site and linked with leased line there is no domain controller @ remote site where i am installing Citrix Server.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thanx.
Faheem

It sounds like there may be network resources that are mapped to in the login script, which are not responding in a timely fashion.

It's possible that an attempt is being made to map to drives to which the users have no permission.

I hope this helps - this is certainly the area to investigate first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back