Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VERY SLOW backup of Exchange2000 Agent!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

josephlai

Technical User
Aug 7, 2002
MO
We are using ArcServe2000 on a Win2000 Cluster to backup the fileserver on the cluster and another Exchange2000 server (thru Exchange Backup Agent & 100M LAN). ArcServe Manager is installed on the cluster node and a Backup Agent on Exchange2000. It was running "OK" (sort of..) - at 20MB/min while doing brick level backup. But then a few days ago, ArcServe crashed while doing brick level backup
==============
E8602 Failed to read from database. (DBNAME=\Individual Mailboxes\Dummy user\Calendar, EC=Backup Agent Error -- (69) "Read/Write error in named pipes.".)
==============
and the job just hangs on "Stopping" status (and keep writing error logs). So we had no choice but to restart both the mail server and the cluster node (ArcServe Mangaer). Now the 2 servers is running and all NT services up and running. But the brick level backup drop to a unacceptable 5MB/min !!! and it's driving me crazy.

We already have made these settings:
ArcServe +SP3 +Q013760
Norton NAV7.5 for Exchange switch to MAPI only mode
The service agent for ArcServe has been granted correct permission. (The brick level finished successfully...in more than 8hrs, for a IS of just 3GB!!)

Please help!!
thanks,
Joseph

Hi,

This seems a network problem to me. I had this once before. Check your network settings. Be sure that all setings, regarding speed and duplex, are the same on both the servers and the switches. Putting a card in full duplex and the switch in auto, is resulting in a half duplex setting for the switch. (is the same vica versa)

Hope this helps.

Bart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back