Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Very Simple Join Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

krisboy

Technical User
Mar 4, 2002
AU
Hi all!

Can anyone tell me why this simple join query is returning 0 rows? All I am trying to do is create a new table holding the required response times held in one table for various support calls held in another. The statement is:

SELECT slaclienttable.*, [slatimes].[INITIAL_RESPONSE] INTO slaclienttable2
FROM slaclienttable INNER JOIN slatimes ON ([slaclienttable].[REGION_ID]=[slatimes].[REGION_ID]) AND ([slaclienttable].[CLIENT_REF]=[slatimes].[CLIENT_REF]) AND ([slaclienttable].[Current_Category]=[slatimes].[CATEGORY]);

It seems fairly straightforward even to a novice like me, but can anyone see the fundamental flaw in my logic?

I have also tried using a WHERE clause with the same effect...

Cheers.

Did you check to be sure that the fields you are joining on are the same data type? This has gotten me more than once.
Susan

Good point, but yes - it appears that the data types are the same:

slaclienttable.REGION_ID = Num
slaclienttable.CLIENT_REF = Num
slaclienttable.Current_Category = Text

slatimes.REGION_ID = Num
slatimes.CLIENT_REF = Num
slatimes.CATEGORY = Text

Any other ideas...?

Chris.

Hold the phone......!

This is down to something machine specific - the query runs fine on another installation of Access! Still no idea what is causing it though.....

Cheers.

Chris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back