Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

very quick and easy question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

iluvperl

Programmer
Jan 22, 2006
I usually use PSP to resize images because it's a million times faster (less menus, resize prompts remember last used information, etc) but it timed out.

Now I'm using PS CS2.

My question is, is it possible for me to set an option where when I resize an image it'll keep the last used settings? Ie: My last picture I resized at 80% of the original, when I open the image resize menu on the next image I want the last used data to still be there so I can just click ENTER.

Also, is there a way I can remove or set all the SAVE IMAGE AS level thing where it lets you save it on a scale from 1-15ish quality at a certain number by default?

Thanks!

I believe you should try an "Action"

Help > Photoshop Help > Index ... see "Actions"

An action is a series of commands that you play back on a single file or a batch of files. For example, you can create an action that applies an Image Size command to change an image to a specific size in pixels, followed by an Unsharp Mask filter that resharpens the detail, and a Save command that saves the file in the desired format.

I don't know much about it but there is also a batch processing function that I've seen but not used, try looking into that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back