Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Very new to the Definity System - Need help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJBen

Technical User
Dec 1, 2001
GB
I am trying to add some extension numbers into the system.

The way I tried to do it was:

CH ST 5970. From there I was going to change the name of the phone and configure it to our standards.

All I get is "identifier not assigned".

I am probably doing it the wrong way so how can I add a new extension number?

Thanks

Hi there,

You need to "add st 5970" first and then that will bring up the blank configuration screen.

Some of the switch objects are ch only like vectors but stations you need to add and then you can ch from then on.

Hope this helps

John
:)

Thanks for the swift response. I'll try it now.

Sorry, one more thing.

How can I duplicate a station (in my case 4000) so that 5790 will become an exact replica of 4000?

Cheers

Hi London,

You need to "dup sta xxx" (duplicate station and thewn the extension to duplicate!). The only info. that you will need is a spare port e.g. 1a0102 - you can find this by diing a list config carrier 1a (or whatever) - the ones with a u (unassigned) are available.

Hope this helps,

Chris

Thanks again.

I was told by an engineer that "t" were the free ports t use and not "u".

You have TTY active in your switch, you can use the 't' ports for new stations. People who don't have TTY active see the 'u'.

"T" signifies that your switch ports are set for TTI (Terminal Translation Initialization). Meaning you can assign and remove the phone from the desktop where the phone is by dialing a FAC if programmed. It reduces the time spent on the terminal typing, and allows for easy MAC work. Another thing you may see in that screen is a "P" that is used for PSA (Personal Station Assignment).. similar to TTI, but a little more advanced...

Hi London,

As the other guys have said, TTI makes life a lot easier. If you add all your stations with an x for the port, check your fac codes ("change feature") and look for the tti merge code (and authorisation if necessary). Then, if you go to the phone and enter the fac for tti merge and then the extension e.g. #98 1234 - then the switch will add the port for you. Hope this extra detail helps.

Chris

Yeah TTI is good but be sure to keep an accurate log which details all the physical connections of station - sub comms room - krone frame - switch portand which extension has been TTId to it, otherwise when you try to trace faults on a big site it can be a nightmare! Trust me!!!

john

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back