Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

very new to quark..inserting a new box

Status
Not open for further replies.

membershiptcc

Technical User
Jun 24, 2008
I was just assigned this project and know absolutely nothing about Quark. A roster that needs updating to add and modify members. I can't seem to "add" a new member. Master page just has the link on the upper left hand corner. When switching to layout, there are 4 boxes (tables) on each page with a photo. I've tried to cut and paste, modify the text/photo, but when I try to place it alphabetically, the box doesn't insert and move the other boxes down. Can someone help me? thx

Hi membershipptcc
I am not sure what you are trying to do, but are you on a Mac or PC and which version of Quark are you using?

IMacQuarker

PC..Quark7

I have to update a 5x8 roster. The person who did it put 4 boxes or tables on a page with a photo attached. It looks like he used 2 columns. I figured out how to edit, update etc the information. But when i try and add a new box to input a new member, the box just sits there. The page doesn't adjust to the new box. I've tried (i think) unlinking and linking, but nothing is working and my deadline is fast approaching.. Any help would be great.

Hi: membershiptcc,

Not being able to see the file I really don't know what you are working with.
With Quark you can insert a text or picture box in the text as an inline graphic. That way the boxes will flow as text if you insert something in front of them in the text flow.
However if you just draw four boxes on a page, they will stay where you put them unless you move them physically.

Hope this helps
IMacQuarker

Hi, well that is not good news, but thanks for the info.

To insert the box, grab the pointer tool (first one on the tool pallette) Select the box and copy. Don't paste it yet. Grab the contents (text) tool, put it in the line of text where you will place the box and then paste. The box for the picture) is now in the text box and will flow with the text. Another option is copy the picture (again with the content/text tool) from one of the other pictures (by drag and select) and paste it in front of the new text. Then just put the new picture in the box.

It is hard to describe, so ask if any more questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back