Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Very easy question, yet I dont know the answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daffypuck

Technical User
Dec 16, 2006
US
Im no PS whiz, But one thing that eludes me is a simple file saving question. Why is it, That when I import an image as a TIFF so that I can work on it etc., But then I want to save it as a JPEG to send to someone, It wont let me save it as a JPEG?? The only options I get are TIFF, CEON, PSD, etc. How do I bypass this so I can save it in any file type I prefer???

Jpeg has restrictions. It doesn't do 16 bits, and I don't think it does layers.

Flatten Layers

Layers Menu> Flatten.

Save As a copy if you want to retain your layers in the original file

I would follow ticke's suggestion, if your color mode is indexed color, you won't be able to save as jpeg.

Click Image > Mode

If it's indexed, try changing it to RGB and if it's 16 bits do as kiddpete suggests and change it to 8 bit

Why can't you just use the 'SAVE FOR WEB' function used in the file menu? You can then select GIF or JPG, the appropriate options for either file type and be done with it.

Try it. The other solutions sound too complicated....

~wmichael

"small change can often be found under seat cushions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back