Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Very bad noise on NEC electra / Sopho ipk

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerrymac

Technical User
Sep 7, 2009
GB
Hi there, I'm new to the sopho IPK and was wondering if anyone can help with this problem. I fitted a IAD (IP) card to the system and plugged in a ITH-16D-2P. I've been able to sign the terminal on ok, but when I make a call to another phone, the speech is crackly and distorted.I've changed the card and the phone, but It's still the same.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

The other phone you are calling is it an IP phone or TDM?

"However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results." Sir Winston Churchill

Hi, the other phone is dtr phone(digital terminal), I'm not sure if digitals are tdm or not. When you phone digital to digital It's nice and clear, It's just when you phone from IP to digital, that the speech problem occurs. The dial tone on the IP terminal is distorted even before you make the call, if that's any help. As I said I'm new to this exchange, so It's probably something I'm not doing right.
Thanks for reply.

Sounds like a config issue in your IAD card. is IP to IP clear? im not too spectacular on the IPK IP portion but know some people ill ask around.

"However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results." Sir Winston Churchill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back