Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vertical Scroll behind layer 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

LBL626

IS-IT--Management
Jun 7, 2001
US
Hello,
I am building a website for my company without frames and would like to implement a vertical scroll (possibly automatic)that scrolls behind the navigation bar, that is on a separate layer. We don't want to have a separate scroll bar. The navigation bar is on its own layer and stays toward the bottom of the page. I want the resume page to continue to scroll (possibly automatically) behind the red navigation bar without the bar moving. How do I implement this?

Thanks in advance
Lee

On the layer properties inspector you will see the overflow drop down menu. select scroll. hopefully this should work

Thanks for responding so quickly
That is not what I am looking to do, I want the layer to stay constant and not move at all. I want the info behind the layer to move.

ok got it. you need a persistent layer.

get this extention from
The extension is described below

Persistent Layers (v3):

Persistent layers do not scroll with the rest of the page content, but stick to a fixed position in the browser window.

This behavior places an onLoad handler in the current document to make a selected layer persistent in one of the following ways:
* to the left, the right, the top or the bottom border of the browser window;
* to the left/top, the right/top, the left/bottom or the right/bottom corner of the browser window;
* centered horizontally, if desired in combination with top or bottom;
* centered vertically, if desired in combination with left or right;
* centered both horizontally and vertically.
Furthermore, it is possible to choose between:
* 'static' persistency, where the layer 'jumps' into position, and
* 'animated' persistency, where the layer 'slides' into position.

The behavior has been tested (on PC) to be compatible with:
* Internet Explorer 5+ (but it probably also works in IE4.x),
* Netscape 4.x,
* Netscape 6.2+,
* Opera 5+, and
* Mozilla 0.9+&ltbr>

Access this behavior:
step 1 - make sure there are one or more layers in the current document, and then,
step 2 - with the BODY tag selected, choose 'Persistent Layers' from the 'RibbersZeewolde' flyout in the Behaviors palette.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back