Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vertical scroll bar missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

sohunter

Technical User
Dec 3, 2001
US
I'm running Access 2002, and have a form with a tab control on it. The vertical scroll bar is suddenly missing, and I need it to get to bottom of screen. I can tab into fields beyond view, but it doesn't scroll down so that I can see what I've tabbed into. This occurred at some point when I was resizing things. Seems to be a new problem for me...it happened to another form I was working on recently. I had to cut and paste everything onto a blank form, and then the scroll worked again. But that is work -- I have multiple tabs and need to move things around etc to make it look like original form.

I've made sure properties for scroll are set -to "both" - in my case. I've changed other settings like "auto center" etc, nothing seems to remedy the problem.

Does anybody know what's going on?

Hi,

is the form maximized? Is the scrollbar off the edge of the screen?

Have you looked at smaller screen resltns, to fix the problem & get back to where you need to be?

Cheers

S

Good questions.

My screen resolution is small. I can easily see where the vertical scroll bar should be (the right border of the screen) it just isn't there. In design view it's there, but in form view it's gone.

Hi

I can't go much further - from your description of the problem you seem right to be frustrated.

You can check that the scrollbars are correctly set in the Immediates pane of the VBA IDE, with

?forms!formName.scrollbars

which should return 3 (note the form must be open, else go through database objects). This would highlight that the form design interface isn't reporting thngs right - and should be resettable from here - but other than that I am not too sure where else to look.

Sorry can't be of more help. At least this gets your post back to the top :)

Cheers

S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back