Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vertical SBX Networking

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbarman

IS-IT--Management
Feb 27, 2008
US
I have (2) Vertical SBX IP 320 phone systems networked together between our two office locations.
One system has 6 POTS phone lines connected to the system (lets call it system A). Both systems are configured when dialing OUT to access one of those 6 lines. Let's call the remote system WITHOUT any connected phone lines system B.

However, right now when an INCOMING call rings in, it rings the phones on system B. Which was fine originally because we only had staff at the system B site. Now that we have staff at both locations, how to we re-configure so when a call rings in, it will rings phones at BOTH sites? I need this so no mater which location they are at, they can see that a call is ringing and are able to pickup the call.

Any help would be appreciated!

I don't do these systems at all, however, you need to program the ring assignment in your system.
Systems generally either do this by:

A) making the calls ring to groups, which users are then members of
or
B) directly programming the extension port with ring assignment.

Groups are usually used for PABXs and direct ring assignment will commonly be found in KTSs (Key telephone systems).
The manual for your brand of system allegedly shows program code 167 is listed as the CO ring assignment in this programming manual.

This manual may help here

Taken from this page here

Good luck

You lose, Carl Miller.

Thanks for the response.

The manual you referenced is for the MBX model, we are working on the SBX system.

I have looked at the ring assignments, from what I have been able to see it will allow me to enter the following destinations: Station, Hunt Group, VMIB message, Net Number, and VM Box and it also allows for a range value for any given type. But I don't see how to add multiple types. What I have now is ONE net number which will ring to the receptionist at the remote site. If I then try to add a local station range, it replaces the existing Net Number. I need a way to have both so when the calls come in anyone can pickup.
It seems like that would be a common thing being that it supports networking the two systems together, right?

Could you not have a group and then have a station and NET Number as part of this group?

That's all I can say- I've never heard of this system.

Yukky yukky yoggy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back