Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vertical Lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

yagnik3128

Programmer
Jun 14, 2001
IN
I am creating a new report in Access, i have one field with can grow....i have used vertical lines....but that field height is increased.....line height is not getting incresed...how to do that?

You need to use the Line method of the report in the On Print event of your detail section. Set you line controls to invisible and set their Tag property to "Line".

Then add code like
Code:
Private Sub Detail_Print(Cancel As Integer, PrintCount As Integer)
    Dim intGrownHeight As Integer
    Dim ctl As Control
'txtCanGrow is the tallest text box
    intGrownHeight = Me.txtCanGrow.Height
    For Each ctl In Me.Detail.Controls
        If ctl.Tag = "Line" Then
            Me.Line (ctl.Left, ctl.Top)- _
                Step(0, intGrownHeight)
        End If
    Next
End Sub

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

the topic has been discussed in several / numerous threads in htese (Tek-Tps) fora. using 'advanced search' with appropiate keywords (like line line.height, like.top ... ) should return sufficient threads to make a selection of the procedure(s) most suitable to your situation.

Use of the search facility can provide answers to many qiestions, usually with generous commentary re the strengths and weaknesses of the various approaches. it usually is much quicker, as you do not need to wait for anyone to decide to and compose the response.

MichaelRed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back