Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Versions of SCO

Status
Not open for further replies.

bray1

Technical User
Dec 5, 2003
US
I need to get a version of SCO unixware for our developers to use for a cleint of our company...I was asked to get the latest version but it needs to be ported to and with a C-Compiler and cheapest possible way of doing it of course. I don't need a server edition just a stand-alone. What should I look to get? The people at SCO need to take some lessons on CS. Thanks in advance!

i don't know much about UNIXware and its distribution policy, But the latest verison is 7.1.3 and its development system will include their C complier and SkunkWare CD contains gcc.

Also SCO Openserver Development SDystem comes with UDK kit which is Unixware and OpenServer Development Kit. SCO Openserver (latets version 5.0.7) is distributed as Enterprise, Host and Desktop. Desktop is a 2 user version (called 1 user)

i agree that SCO need more CS. and more cutomer friendliness. They are trying to kill the LINUX initiative and not intereseted in stopping SCO piracy even when they are having confirm knowledge abot those customers and their locations.

so if they are not interested in incresing revenue by stopping piracy then why kill linux ?

[ponder]
----------------
ur feedback is a very welcome desire

If it is just for a porting then just get anyone that has the CD and install it.

You will get a 60 days evaluation that you can use to port/test your application.

Once you have this done you can buy a one user license just to be completely legal, or if your customer has a full development license you can then scrap your objects and recreate them on your client machine.

You can also use the following

which will allow you to do what you wish.

As for finding where to buy see

Regards

Frederico Fonseca
SysSoft Integrated Ltd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back