Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VersionCue CS 2 (2.01) can't turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.

nh39

MIS
Oct 25, 2002
US
Hello,
First of all, what is VersionCue for? I've installed Adobe CreativeSuite 2 on many G5 Panther but this is the first time experiencing a problem. I'm not a savvy user of Adobe stuff - just provide tech support for the artists. After installing Adobe CS2 on one the computers we have here, everything works fine except VersionCue. It doesn't turn on like the other computers. I try to open VersionCue in the System Preferences, and all the options are grayed out. Please advise - any suggestion is appreciated.
Thank you.

Try opeing the preferences for the other CS2 apps and click on File Handling. Click on Enable Version Cue, restart the computer, and see if that works. You also may have to log on with adminitrator privileges if you have the machines set up with administrator and users.

If not, you migh have had a bad install. You could reinstall, making sure that you select the version cue install.

Version Cue is for collaboration in Creative Suite. Open something like Indesign. For more info open up Indesign and go to help. Search help for version cue and you'll get an explanation. Or, on a machine with version cue not grayed out in System Prefs, open it in Sys Prefs and click the Help button on that window.

Using OSX 10.3.8 on a G4

Hi jmgalvin,
Thank you for replying. I tried your suggestion but still having the same problem. I've even tried a clean install of the OS (10.3.9) and all necessary updates. Any other tips?

Since it's only one 1 machine, I can only guess that it has somethint to do with the Creatiove Suite install on that machine. I no that we had that same problem once with CS1 and it was easily solved, but I can't remember what I did. Then again, we never got around to actually using version cue.

Usually, when you do an OS install, it will screw up version cue so I'd suggest a fresh install. Then restart the computer.

If, by any chance, you have any antivirus/antispyware software on teh machine, make sure to disable it before installing.

Using OSX 10.3.8 on a G4

Do you have any other ports already in use that VersionCue is trying to get a hold of? You may have other servers running on your machine that are conflicting with VersionCue.

We formatted the hard drive and re-installed the OS. Then, installed CS2 before anything else. It's still not working. jimoblak, I've seen other people mention about a possible port conflict, too. How does VersionCue actually work, since, this computer is stand-alone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back