Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Version number

Status
Not open for further replies.

micker377

Technical User
Jan 15, 2003
US
With all of the recent updates - where do I find which version that I DO have?

Try typing ver in a Command Prompt.

Further details are obtainable by using MsInfo32 in the RUN Box.

That is what has me confused: I am still using 10240 (I should have 10525).
Windows update says that I am up to date!
I checked the registry, and it is already at "TH2". Why am I not getting 10525?

Addendum: I mentioned that I am already at "TH2". The registry actually says "TH2_release". Should I change this to plain "TH2"? I don't REALLY enjoy playing with the registry <grin>!

Windows 10 beta build th2_release Professional 10525 now available

You may be update according to Windows Updates but are you receiving updates via the "Fast Loop" in the Windows 10 Insider's program and settings in Windows Update? Is Windows Update set to receive these and are you thereby getting the latest releases via Windows Updates.

You probably should try posting on the Windows 10 Insider's Forum where you questions about the "Beta SP!" will get a better answer.

Yes, I am on the Fast loop. I have received every update on time, that's why I am puzzled by the inability to get this one.
Went to the "Insiders" forum, and read 11 pages of people who couldn't get 10525! On the last page, it was devoted to users who had tried all of the suggestions (like I have), with NO results! The general consensus was to wait until M.S lowered itself to answer to their customers, and provide a solution!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back