Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Version not found - error when trying to get by Label

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klyn610

MIS
Jan 8, 2007
US
As with thread722-516156 -

Get by label is bombing:

I labeled an entire project, so every file recursively should have that label right?

There's a particular directory that doing a "get" on this label (via the interface AND command line) is simply skipping over, plus all the recursive directiories and files underneath.

If I view the history of an individual file and/or subsequent directory in these "skipped" directories, the label is clearly there.

I get the error "Version not found".

I looked through the bug database and found something similar for the deploy option.

Can anyone help?

Did you solve this yet?

It may be that the directory it is skipping is cloaked. You can set this flag on a project(directory) to stop it being included in recursive operations. Try looking at the project's properties and seeing if the cloaked checkbox is checked. If this is the case the project will appear "shaded" in VSS Explorer.

There is also an issue that can remove label information out of the database for older labels. You could try running Analyze.exe on your database to see if it can recover anything.

Sorry - I actually did get an answer to this - programmatically (via code) I am able to get by label with no problems now - this is a known issue and there is a workaround for it here:

Basically you have to set something in the GUI, restart it, and use

ss get $/*.* -vlbeta1

instead of

ss get $/ -r -vlbeta1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back