Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Version control

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBendBuckeye

Programmer
May 22, 2002
US
Hello all,

Any ideas and/or suggestions on implementing version control with Access? I am working on a project which will require modifications to a 3rd party written Access database. There are a couple dozen forms, a few classes and modules, etc. Any ideas would be much appreciated!

It'd have to say I'd probably use SourceSafe for versioning control.

HarleyQuinn
---------------------------------
Carter, hand me my thinking grenades!

You can hang outside in the sun all day tossing a ball around, or you can sit at your computer and do something that matters. - Eric Cartman

Get the most out of Tek-Tips, read FAQ222-2244: How to get the best answers before posting.

For the benefit of others, here are some links pertaining to using SourceSafe with Access. You have to download and install Access Developer Extensions, afterwhich SourceControl options will be added to various menus and/or ribbons, depending upon the Access version you are using.

Using Visual SourceSafe in Microsoft Access:
Introduction to the Access 2007 Developer Extensions and Runtime:
Getting Started with Visual SourceSafe:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back