Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Version 8.0 Export to Crystal (RPT) Format Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupportSystems

Technical User
Jun 18, 2001
US
I am having trouble exporting a report, any of my reports, once the number of files in a particular directory gets above 2.1 million or so. Our system writes out and compresses all saved output to a directory whose structure is specific to a day. Once the number of files in the folder gets above about 2.1 million, an error 997 is returned - an overlapped I/O operation - to the application. We are running Version 8.0 crpe32.dll called from our application to run and export the reports. If run from the developer, no message is returned but the report is not written out. If no other changes are made and some files are moved to bring the total number to about 2 million things work normally. This process has been in place for years and has been unchanged for the past three months. The server is Win 2000, desktops are Win 2000 pro.

Thanks for ANY help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back