Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Version 7 Chart does not view properly with Version 8 Crystal Viewer

Status
Not open for further replies.

smasaitis

Programmer
Jul 31, 2000
US
I am using VB 6 to call both version 7 and version 8 crystal reports which are populated be MS SQL 7 stored procedures. If I install the app on a clean computer that does not have any crystal viewers installed and view the version 7 report, everything is find. However, if I view a version 8 report, the viewer gets updated (the icon in the upper left corner of the viewer is now the version 8 icon and not version 7). Now, if I view the version 7 report, the report is being viewed through the crystal 8 viewer and some formatting is lost.

I need a way to get the version 7 viewer back on the computer so this version 7 report will print properly with all its formatting intact. I do not want to upgrade this version 7 report to version 8.

You’re not going to like this answer:

Fact: Uninstalling 8.0 and then installing 7.0 will NOT work.

You can:

1) Flat line the box, build it back up and install 7.0
2) Un-install 8.0, hack the registry to remove ALL CR related DLL's and then install 7.0

I have tried to migrate a development box from 8.0 back to 7.0 MANY times, and these are your options.
Sorry ;-(

Steven Fowler
e-Business Intelligence Experts[sup]TM[/sup]
wpe1.gif

We specialize in:
Crystal Report Authoring
Seagate Info Deployment
Data-warehouse and Data-mart Development
Infrastructure Planning
Seagate Crystal Report and Info Training

Status
Not open for further replies.