Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Version 6.0 and Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

topgunf25

Programmer
Jul 8, 2001
US
I have recently installed XP Professional and am testing my application. I ran into a problem using "Append General pc_pic from .JPG file". The error I get is "OLE error Catastrophic failer". I spent may hours looking for an answer. It works fine in Windows 2000 Professional. Actually the OLE is for MSPaint that opens the file and appends to General field in file.

Woudl appreciate any thoughts, I have a work around if converting to .BMP type which works, but this has me baffled.

Note: Have found no other problems so far, application is about 500K lines of code.

Where does the Microsoft Paint come from? Is it included in the .exe of the program, or does it call a program in the client computer? In either case there might be some incompatability.

Dave Dardinger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back