Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Version 2.1.2.134 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

cee2

Technical User
Oct 31, 2001
US
I did a search here for my question and did find a thread going back to May of 2001..So I do know the response that was given..I'm not sure how things turned out for the poster as problems were developing..I will ask a similar question, if that is okay..
I have a Rockwell HCF 56K Data Fax PCI Modem..It came installed with Windows 98 in my Compaq Presario, model 5185..I have frequent disconnects and also a problem with Outlook Express locking up when the the discounts occur..(very frustrating)..I've been browsing the HCF troubleshooting website but it seems my version is rather unique..All the info I can get through my Modem Properties (AT13 command returns "Error") is "comm.drv size 5872 bytes 5-11-98" and the version 2.1.2.134..When I searched for upgrades and etc. on the Compaq and HCF site, i run into the problem of my version listed under ProSignia, not Presario..So, I am hesitant to download the any upgrades..Any new help with this subject would be very much appreciated!..
Thank you!
Claudia..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back