Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Version 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobarc

IS-IT--Management
Jan 19, 2005
US
Anyone upgraded to r12? Maintenance gives it to us at no charge, but haven't decided when to upgrade.

Yes, and I strongly recommend you get a copy. Install it on a non-production system to get familiar with it since there are some major changes, and then do the upgrade to the production server.

How is the upgrade? Is a complete uninstall reinstall? Do scripts from 11.5 work in 12? Do you have to re create all the FSD and media pools?

It went fine, upgraded everything in place (no prior uninstall by me needed). It uses the SQL as the database now and the conversion of all the data took a while. we had been using the internal arcserve database. It looks a bit different and I am still getting used to that.

How do you download the EXE? They seem to have the patches but not the actual installer suite?

I had to call CA and they sent the DVD. It was free for us since we are under a maintence contract.

so far so good. Its worth evaluating the product as it has many new features added to it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back