Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Verizon FiOS Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diablo527

Technical User
Sep 11, 2007
US
I have an IPO 406 running 5.0 (26) & VMPro at 5.0 (30). The problem that I am experiencing is that whenever a caller calls the line and either disconnects in the middle of the greeting or leaves a VM, the system doesn't disconnect when it is supposed to. I have read some threads on enabling Disconnect Clears & played around with the timers & Busy Tone Detection and no luck at all. Called Verizon a few times & they indicated that they don't know what disco. clears are or that it doesn't exist on digital lines (which I find it rather odd because the system worked with their competitor and used a digital line before switching over). So to make a long story short & in other words: S. O. S.!

Eliminate phone system completely by doing the following.I have done this many times usually requiring a vendor meet with provider to show issue.

1. Use your test set directly at Dmarc with all cabling removed.
2. Call your cell from test set and make connection.
3. Hang your cell phone up but not test set, leave test set it off hook.
4. what happens? is the call disconnected from test set or does it stay off hook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back