Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Verizon FIOS and Vodavi STS-E , CO lines are hanging up

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickburns31

Technical User
Jul 1, 2013
US
[nosmiley]Hello Techs, I am at my wits end with a Starplus STS-E system and Verizon FIOS SIP lines. I have 3 (800) numbers coming into the main line which rolls over to 4 additional lines. These lines seem to be locking up the system when calls are coming in requiring a reboot of the STS in order to release the lines. At first I was thinking that Forced Disconnect or Delayed Disconnect needs to be turned on by the Provider and they are saying they do not have that option. I know in the past with POTS we could have the switch option the copper lines for this when it gave us trouble. Has any one else ran into the problem that could shed some light? Its been about a month of on and off trouble shooting.

It is generally called "Disconnect supervision" - they have it but you haven't gotten to someone who understands. Easy to test at NID with butt set and meter. Put meter across tip & ring in DC volt mode, make a call and have far end hang up on you. Meter should drop to 0 volts for 500ms. If no drop, carrier is not providing disc supervision. Hound and harangue them until they do, as it's the only way out with analog lines.

Thanks for your reply. Have you ever tried programming supervision disconnect? I was just looking through the manual. I really think it still needs to be done on the provider side??

It TOTALLY needs to be done on the provider side. STS doesn't need any changes, unless the defaults have been modified.

Finally was able to get the provider to enable COD, after much arguing. The incoming calls seem to be disconnecting BUT the 3 800 numbers which point to the main line seem to be keeping the line open. Any ideas?

If the toll-free numbers are hanging up, then there is a problem with disconnect supervision between your local carrier and the toll-free carrier. In other words, it sucks to be you. There are no changes that you can make to your system to fix this, call the carrier. Sorry...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back