Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Verizon Cell Phones not receiving IVR messages from my automated system

Status
Not open for further replies.

JordanWitthoft

Technical User
Feb 27, 2009
US
Hello-

We have an automated dialing system for our customers so when their balance gets low it sends them a phone call. We just noticed that these calls are going to verizon cell phones but will not leave a voicemail. The odd part is that it is region specific and only with non-iphones! We have changed every setting possible in our IVR but their is something the Verizon non-iphones do not like and must be hanging up the call.

Any ideas!!

When the system tries to leave a message, what happens? Can you duplicate the problem with a manual call? If you are able to monitor the audio of a call in progress, what do you hear?

I [love2] "FEATURE 00

Not sure what you mean by manual call. If the person answers the phone the message works fine.

Not something silly like a time out i.e. your IVR dials for 30 seconds before giving up, but the phones are not to go to VM until after say 35?

Robert Wilensky:
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back